Saturday, November 12, 2011

Recap: Halloween Party

These past two weeks have been an intense roller coaster of events that had some serious highs and some serious lows. I'm thankful that it is the weekend. Instead of choosing to write a devotional or work on my games lesson plan for an upcoming retreat I have next weekend, I've chosen to update my blog: Good life choice.

Back in October our English club United Students of Angol had a Halloween party; I was in charge of the food. I took out all of the stops, prepared a long menu, and recruited some help:
From front to back:
Sarah - blood muffins and moldy muffins
Aemelia - the chocolate cake for the graveyard cake
Steven - ate the food
Rebekah - oatmeal cookies

We used my kitchen and the Ippel's kitchen to knock out everything that we had to do, but my kitchen was the prepping area.
To thank the helpers, I concocted a batch of white chicken chili. In my opinion, this was not enough to fully thank them for all of the hard work that they put in:
The blood muffins and the moldy muffins.
Dirt. - I made this.
 The decorated graveyard cake.

All of this food prep led up to a fun party with many guests:

 A pirate and a dark angel

 Mr. Incredible, Dracula, a Team Fortress character, and a Zombie

 A BKV tram driver and Mr. Incredible

The whole club.

2 comments:

  1. Love this!
    Praying for you.
    You're awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Justin, we prayed for you and the kids at church and you've all been in my prayers, too. Good to see the fun Halloween times. That small kitchen of yours should definitely make me stop complaining about mine!

    ReplyDelete